Screening Fences in Brisbane are a great option to add division and sigh protection in your space. The main benefits of screening fences compared to other fences here in Brisbane are:
- Create additional space by dividing off an area inside or outside. By creating a screened off area, a garden can feel bigger than before by providing more functional space.
- Protection from the elements is another good reason. Although screening fences don’t provide absolut UV and wind protection, they certainly soften the impact. It is nice to have less strong sun coming in on a balcony or getting less of the Fremantle Doctor winds on a winter afternoon.
- Adding additional design elements, is certainly one of the strong benefits of screening fences. Brisbane is full of cute house where a screening fence can provide another layer of design and make an old house look more modern; or an antique place more elegant or cute. The options are truely endless
- Privacy to relax. It certainly makes a difference to have a quiet corner around the house. Whether it is the neighbours or the kids, being able to fully rest and relax at home is worth gold.
- Affordable option compared to heavier fencing options. Whilst being decorative the often are lighter and therefore less expensive on material use. Hence, provide an ideal alternative to heavier security fences or wire fences that do provide more safety against violent impact, but also cost more due to their heavier and more solid nature.
- Combine with plants, and most of your needs in terms of sight protection will be met, whilst allowing good airflow and enough light to come into your space.
Different options of screening fences
The main categories of screening fences are:
- Batten fences
- Decorative screens
- Fixed blade louvres
- Slat fences
Now which screening fencing option is best for you is certainly a question that needs to be answered and also depends on the area you live in.
If you are simply looking for some visual separation with little safety added, because you are living in a save part of town with no crime and friendly neighbours, than low batten fences can be a great option.
However you are looking to create some privacy without any real need for safety, just because you don’t like the feeling of being watched all the time, then decorative screening fences can be the way to go.
Well, now if you are just looking to block out some wind, UV and rain water from your balcony or outdoor space, then fixed blade louvres can be a great option as well. They are cheap and light, but offer very little barrier.
Otherwise, if you are looking for some additional safety, whether from intruders or to keep your pets inside, whilst not appearing too secretive or block airflow and visibility, then slat fences are probably your way to go.
For your DIY screening fence project, we recommend you use our Slat fence systems which are easy to install and cost effective.
Product on saleXPS – 65 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – D
Product on saleXPS – 65 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – SM
Product on saleXPS – TOP PLATE – 50mm Posts – W
Product on sale4x M10 x 120mm – Threaded Rod (Chemical Anchor Bolts)
Product on saleSlat – 65 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – MN
Product on salePoolSafe Post Cover – Domical Cover – 50x50mm – Black
Product on sale4x M10 x 120mm – Stainless Steel Dynabolts
Product on saleSFS – END PLATE – Side Frame – D
Product on saleSFS – Side Frame – Cut to Size – Per Meter – D
Product on saleSlat – 65 x 16.5mm – 6100mm – MN
Product on saleXPS – 65 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – W
Product on saleXPS – 65 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – B
Product on saleAlumawood – 90 x 16.5mm SLAT – WRC
Product on saleSlat – 65 x 16.5mm – 6100mm – B
Product on saleFence Spacer Block – 20mm (50 pcs)
Product on saleXPS – 90 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – BS
Product on saleXPS – 65 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – BS
Product on saleSlat – 90 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – MN
Product on saleSFS – END PLATE – Side Frame – MN
Product on saleXPS – 90 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – W
Product on salePoolSafe – 50x50mm x 1300mm – Aluminium – Base Plate – B
Product on saleSAFETECH – Pool Hinge & Latch Kit
Product on saleSFS – END PLATE – Side Frame – W
Product on saleSlat – 65 x 16.5mm – 6100mm – SM
Product on saleCTS – XPS – 65 x 16.5mm – 1000mm – SM
Product on saleD&D Magna Latch – TOP PULL LATCH – Lockable – TRU CLOSE Hinge
Product on saleFence Spacer Block – 9 mm (50 pcs)
Product on saleXPS – TOP PLATE – 50mm Posts – BS
Product on saleXPS GATEFRAME SCREWS – Bag of 10
Product on saleQuickScreen – Centre web – 90 x 16.5mm – W
Product on saleSlat – 65 x 16.5mm – 6100mm – G
Product on salePost – 50x50mm x 6000mm Aluminium Slat Fencing Post – W
Product on saleXPRESS Screening – BASE PLATE SET – BS
Product on saleXPS – Slat Locking Clip (10pcs)
Product on saleXPS – 90 x 16.5mm – Per Meter – D
Product on salePoolSafe – 50x50mm x 1300mm – Aluminium – Base Plate – MN
- Barr Pool Fencing37 products
- HAMPTONS66 products
- Premium Perforated Panels39 products
- Quotes4 products
- VERTICAL1 product
- Flat Top Pool Fencing55 products
- Finn Fencing66 products
- Spear Top Security Fencing31 products
- Security Fencing Sliding Gates25 products
- Slat Fences981 products
- Custom Cut Slats85 products
- Gate41 products
- Horizontal840 products
- Main Slat Fencing Options1 product
- Slat Fences Basalt Satin120 products
- Slat Fences Black136 products
- Slat Fences Dune Satin117 products
- Grey34 products
- Island Grey45 products
- Slat Fences Kwila77 products
- Slat Fences Mill Grey113 products
- Slat Fences Monument128 products
- Paperbark54 products
- Primrose54 products
- Slat Fences Silver118 products
- Slat Fences Surfmist Matt123 products
- Terrain44 products
- Western Red Cedar83 products
- Slat Fences White121 products
- Slat Fences Woodland Grey123 products
- Glass Pool Fences129 products
- Fasteners & Fixings10 products
- Filler Grout & Cement4 products
- Locks Hinges & Hardware58 products